Weekly reflection May 21st

This week was very productive. Simon and I worked a lot every day and finally got the skier to look realistic. This week I learned to just paint, this painting is so big that every brush stroke scared me but this week I worked so much so quickly that I just had to paint and it looked good anyway. I loved seeing the skier come to life every day more and we are so close to the final picture! Working with Simon on this painting was fun but also challenging: we had to coordinate who did what and how, we had to agree on so many things that maybe we would have done differently on our own but in the end working with him was great because I had a second perspective and if one of us couldn't do something the other would. I was happy that we changed our background, what we are doing now is much simpler and focuses all on the skier, we are planning on using linseed oil on the background to make some cool drips. Every day I learn something new about my painting skills I am always glad to go work on my senior project. I want to keep painting after leaving proctor and working every day motivates me even more.

Total hours May 21st= 48.

Comments

Popular Posts