Weekly reflection May 14th

At the end of my second week of senior project I am really happy with my work done so far. Simon and I took our time to actually start painting because we did everything carefully and with the sketch as a base it is easy to paint the skier. We had a couple difficulties with sketching the left ski and painting the background. We are really close to getting the right angle of the ski and I think that in the next few day we will have it right. It is hard to have the same abstract style as another person but I really like what Simon did for the background so I think we will make it like that all around the skier. We want the background to be really cool and to make the skier stand out. I am really satisfied with the helmet I painted Saturday. I was concentrating on giving it depth with different shades of blue and I think I got the effect I wanted. I also like my painting of the right boot but I need to work on the bottom part more because the skier’s ski is so tilted that the base of the boot is visible so I need to be able to replicate that on my boot. I also really like how Simon painted the right pole guard and he’s working on making the left one as good as that. I am glad to be doing this senior project: I am working on my painting skill every day, something I wouldn’t have been able to do at any other time. I feel like I am getting better at painting every day. Painting is relaxing and fun and I love being able to do it every day.

Total hours May 14th= 26.

Comments

Popular Posts